English Actress and Producer
Facts of Gemma Arterton
|Full Name:||Gemma Arterton|
|Birth Date:||February 2, 1986|
|Profession:||English actress, activist, and film producer|
|Height:||5 feet 7 inches (1.70m)|
|Break Up||Franklin Ohanessian|
|Net Worth||$13 million|
|Hair Color||dark brown|
|Birth Place||Gravesend, Kent|
|Education||Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA)|
|Gemma Arterton Facebook|
|Gemma Arterton Twitter|
|Gemma Arterton Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Gemma Arterton|
Gemma Christina Arterton aka Gemma Arterton (born on 2nd February 1986 in Gravesend, Kent, England) is an English actress, activist, and film producer. She has appeared in theatre acts, movies, TV series, and music videos. In fact, she has won several awards mentioned under the topic of Awards and Achievements.
Gemma Arterton: Bio, Age, Education
Gemma Christina Arterton aka Gemma Arterton was born on 2nd February 1986 in Gravesend, Kent, England to her parents, Barry Arterton and Sally-Anne Heap. Her father is a welder and her mum runs a cleaning business. As siblings, she has a sister named Hannah Arterton who is an actress.
As of 2020, she is 34 years old and belongs to the birth sign Aquarius. By nationality, she is English and her ethnicity is White. Talking about her education, she attended Gravesend Grammar School for Girls in Kent and then went to North West Kent College on Dartford to learn acting. Later, she joined the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) from which she graduated in 2008.
The English actress, Gemma Arterton at the height of 5 feet 7 inches and weighs 56 kg. Therefore, Gemma holds 26.4k followers on Instagram, 924 followers on Twitter and 295k followers on Facebook.
Gemma Arterton: Professional Career
- Firstly, Arterton began her career as a theatre artist from the act called Love’s Labour’s Lost as Rosaline in 2007.
- She worked in other theatre acts like The Little Dog Laughed (2010), The Master Builder (2010), The Duchess of Malfi (2014), Made in Dagenham (2014), Nell Gwynn (2016), and Saint Joan (2017).
- Similarly, Gemma also appeared in TV Series such as Capturing Mary (2007) as Liza, Lost in Austen (2008) as Elizabeth Bennet, Tess of the d’Urbervilles (2008) as Tess Durbeyfield, Inside No. 9 (2014) as Gerri, etc.
- Likewise, she played in Sport Relief 2016 (2016) as Jessica Spencer, Watership Down (2018) as Clover, Urban Myths (2018) as Marilyn Monroe, and Black Narcissus (TBA) as Sister Clodagh.
- Furthermore, Christina starred in movies including St Trinian’s (2007), Three and Out (2008), RocknRolla (2008), Quantum of Solace (2008), The Boat That Rocked (2009), etc.
- She also appeared in films: The Disappearance of Alice Creed (2009), St Trinian’s 2: The Legend of Fritton’s Gold (2009), Clash of the Titans (2010), Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010), etc.
- Some of her movies include Tamara Drewe (2010), A Turtle’s Tale: Sammy’s Adventures (2010), Byzantium (2012), Song for Marion (2012), Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (2013), Runner Runner (2013), etc.
- Moreover, she played in The Voices (2014), Gemma Bovery (2014), 100 Streets (2016), The Girl with All the Gifts (2016). The History of Love (2016), Orpheline (2016), Their Finest (2016), etc.
- Besides, The Escape (2017), Vita and Virginia (2018), Murder Mystery (2019), My Zoe (2019), The King’s Man (2020), and Summerland (TBA) are her movie list.
- Additionally, Arterton also featured in a music video titled Kerala by Bonobo in 2016.
According to the sources, Gemma Arterton has an estimated net worth of around $13 million as of 2019. However, the information about her salary is under review.
Gemma Arterton: Personal Life, Boyfriend & Affairs
Regarding her love life, she dated John Nolan from 2007 to 2008. The couple met on the set of Quantum of Solace. After her breakup with John, Gemma started dating Spanish stuntman Eduardo Munoz, whom she met on the shooting of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.
Eduardo and she split after 6 months relationship. Then she married Stefano Catelli in 2010, separated in 2013 and divorced in August 2015. From 2014 to 2016, Arterton dated French film assistant director, Franklin Ohanessian. And again in 2019, she married actor Rory Keenan.
Gemma Arterton: Awards and Achievements
- Empire Award for Best Newcomer 2009
- Glamour Awards for Woman of the Year-Film Actress 2011
- The WIFTS Foundation International Visionary Awards for The Barbara Tipple Award for Best Actress 2014
- Evening Standard Theatre Award for Newcomer in a Musical 2015
- Glamour Awards for Best Theatre Actress 2016
- Harper’s Bazaar for Woman of the Year 2018
Gemma Arterton: Rumors and Controversy
However, she has never been into any rumors and controversy in her life.