Vikas Khanna Wiki, Bio, Age, Dating, Food, Events, You tube, Awards
Facts of Vikas Khanna
|Full Name:||Vikas Khanna|
|Birth Date:||November 14, 1971|
|Profession:||Indian Michelin star Chef, restaurateur, cookbook writer, filmmaker and humanitarian|
|Height:||5 feet 11 inches (1.80m)|
|Eye Color||dark brown|
|Hair Color||dark brown|
|Birth Place||Amritsar, Punjab|
|Education||Cornell University, Culinary Institute of America and New York University|
|Siblings||Nishant Khanna and Radhika Khanna|
|Vikas Khanna Facebook|
|Vikas Khanna Twitter|
|Youtube||Vikas Khanna Youtube|
|Vikas Khanna Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Vikas Khanna|
Vikas Khanna (born on 14th November 1971 in Amritsar, Punjab, India) is an Indian Michelin star Chef, restaurateur, cookbook writer, filmmaker and humanitarian. Moreover, he appears as one of the judges in a show in Star Plus called MasterChef India.
Vikas Khanna: Bio, Age, Education
Vikas Khanna was born on 14th November 1971 in Amritsar, Punjab, India to his parents, Davinder Khanna and Bindu Khanna. As siblings, he has a brother named Nishant Khanna and a sister named Radhika Khanna. As of 2019, he is 47 years old and belongs to the birth sign Scorpio.
By nationality, he is an Indian and his ethnicity is Asian. Talking about his education, he graduated from the Manipal Academy of Higher Education in 1991. Later, he joined Cornell University, Culinary Institute of America and New York University.
The Indian Chef, Vikas stands at the height of 5 feet & 11 inches and weighs 82 kg. Likewise, Vikas holds 585k followers on Instagram, 2.28 million followers on Twitter, 1 million followers on Facebook and 4.05k subscribers on YouTube.
Vikas Khanna: Professional Career
- Khanna used to work for the Taj Hotels, Oberoi group, Welcome group, Leela Group of Hotels when he was in India.
- Before joining Junoon, he had served in Salaam Bombay and The Café at the Rubin Museum of Art in New York.
- Furthermore, Vikas has also worked with some of the most influential and award-winning chefs of the world such as Gordon Ramsay, Eric Ripert, Bobby Flay and Jean Georges Vongerichten.
- Besides, he also hosted the TV show titled MasterChef India Season 2 in 2011. Since then he has been hosting the show to date.
- Similarly, Khanna has hosted four seasons of the TV show called Twist of Taste on Fox Life.
- He also got featured as a Consultant chef on the Gordon Ramsay TV series named Kitchen Nightmares.
- Likewise, Vikas has appeared in reality shows like Hell’s Kitchen, Throwdown! With Bobby Flay, and The Martha Stewart Show.
- Apart from this, he has produced a documentary series named Holy Kitchens, and The Last Color.
- Moreover, his documentary “Kitchens of Gratitude” was featured at Marche du Film at the 69th Cannes Film Festival.
- Additionally, Khanna launched a foundation named South Asian Kid’s Infinite Vision” (SAKIV). Along with that, he has collaborated with other organizations like Save the Children to support social causes.
- Vikas is the goodwill ambassador for Smile Foundation and supports the cause of malnutrition in India.
According to the sources, Vikas Khanna has an estimated net worth of around £76000000 as of 2019. However, the information about his salary is still under review.
Vikas Khanna: Personal Life; Girlfriend & Affairs
Regarding his love life, he is neither married nor in a relationship. Further, he hasn’t revealed anything about his personal life and has maintained his personal life a secret. Therefore, we assume he is single and is focusing and devoting his time to his acting and cooking career at the moment.
Vikas Khanna: Awards and Achievements
- Michelin star for his restaurant Junoon by Michelin Guide for 6 consecutive years.
- Top 10 Chefs in the world by Deutsche Welle News and Gazette Review.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Honoris causa) Degree by the GD Goenka University.
- Doctorate in the literature (Honoris causa) by D Y Patil University.
- James Beard Foundation Award nomination for his book Return to the Rivers in 2014.
- “Rising Star” Chef Award by Star Chefs for his role in shaping the future of American Cuisine” (2011)
- GQ India Man of the Year 2012 by GQ Magazine
- Featured in the list of Sexiest Man Alive by People Magazine in November 2011.
- “Access to Freedom Award” in 2005 from SATH.
- The Shining Star Award from “Just One Break, Inc.”
- Proclamation from the New York City Council for his outstanding contribution to the city, and was chosen “New Yorker of the Week” by NY1.
- Featured on the cover of Men’s Health India Magazine in 2012.
- Voted “New York’s Hottest Chef” in a poll conducted by the New York Eater blog.
Vikas Khanna: Rumors and Controversy
There is no rumor and controversy regarding his life.