American broadcast journalist
Facts of Steve Scully
|Full Name:||Steve Scully|
|Birth Date:||September 17, 1960|
|Profession:||American broadcast journalist|
|Height:||6 feet 1 inches (1.85m)|
|Married||Kathryn R. “Katie” Sully|
|Net Worth||$3 million|
|Birth Place||Erie, Pennsylvania|
|Education||Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism|
|Father||Hubert L. “Hoot” Scully|
|Mother||Elizabeth Jane North “Betty” Scully|
|Kids||Cate, Daniel. Cristen, Natalie, Cathleen, Carolyn and Jack|
|Steve Scully Twitter|
|View more / View less Facts of Steve Scully|
Steven L. Scully aka Steve Scully (17th September 1960 in Erie, Pennsylvania, the United States) is an American broadcast journalist who began his journalism career in 1981. In fact, he once served as the senior executive producer and political editor for the C-SPAN television network. Scroll down to know more in detail about him.
- 1 Steve Scully: Early Life; Age, Parents, Ethnicity
- 2 Steve Scully’s Journalism Career
- 3 Personal Life; Wife & Kids:
- 4 Steve Scully: Awards
- 5 C-SPAN suspended him for lying about his Twitter account being hacked.
- 6 How much is Steve Scully’s Earnings & Worth in 2020?
- 7 Body Physique; Height, Weight & Social Media
Steve Scully: Early Life; Age, Parents, Ethnicity
The American broadcast journalist, Steven L. Scully aka Steve Scully was born on 17th September 1960 in Erie, Pennsylvania, the United States. He was born to his parents, Hubert L. “Hoot” Scully and Elizabeth Jane North “Betty” Scully. As per the sources, he was the 14th of 16 children of his parents, including five sets of twins. As of 2020, he is 60 years old and belongs to the birth sign, Virgo.
By nationality, he owns American citizenship and belongs to white ethnicity. Talking about his educational background, he attended an undergraduated degree with honors in communication and political science from American University in 1982 during which he completed a 1980-81 study abroad program at the University of Copenhagen. Later, he joined Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism and earned a Master of Science degree in journalism in 1984.
Steve Scully’s Journalism Career
- Steven began his journalism career in 1981-82 as a weekend newscaster on WAMU.
- In 1982 and 1983, he served as a reporter and anchor for WSEE-TV after his under graduation.
- After that, Steve joined WHEC-TV in Rochester, New York as a correspondent covering business, politics, and local government in 1986.
- Similarly, he also worked as a political editor and White House producer for C-SPAN in 1990.
- Likewise, he coordinated campaign programming for C-SPAN, S-SPAN.org, and C-SPAN Radio from 1991-2020.
- On 15th October 2020, the interview with the second presidential debate between President Donald Trump and Democrat Joe Biden became canceled due to his Twitter post.
Personal Life; Wife & Kids:
Regarding his personal life, Steven tied the knot with Kathryn R. “Katie” Sully. The couple welcomed their children named: Mary Cate and Daniel. Cristen and Natalie Cathleen were adopted in 2008. Carolyn and Jack died in 1994 and 1996 respectively. However, they are living a happy married life together with their children with no issue or rumor of their separation or divorce.
Steve Scully: Awards
Scully is an American broadcast journalist who once served as the senior executive producer and political editor for the C-SPAN television network. In fact, he also worked on the board of the White House Correspondents Association for 9 years, including as president from 2006-07. Speaking of his titles and trophies, he hasn’t won any particular awards so far. But we hope he wins one soon.
C-SPAN suspended him for lying about his Twitter account being hacked.
When the C-SPAN team asked anchor Steve Sully about the message that he sent to the former Trump aide Anthony Scaramucci seeking advice. On that note, he said his Twitter account got hacked and that wasn’t him. But when the C-SPAN team came to know that he lied about his Twitter account being hacked, they suspended Sully who was slated to host the second presidential debate between President Donald Trump and Democrat Joe Biden which got canceled.
How much is Steve Scully’s Earnings & Worth in 2020?
As an American broadcast journalist, he once served as the senior executive producer and political editor for the C-SPAN television network. According to the sources, Steve Scully achieves an estimated net worth of about $3 million as of 2020.
Body Physique; Height, Weight & Social Media
The American broadcast journalist, Steve Scully stands at the height of 6 feet 1 inch or 1.85 m and weighs 86 kg or 190 lbs. Similarly, he has a tall body with black hair color and a pair of brown eyes. Likewise, Steve holds 31.2k followers on Twitter, it seems he is quite inactive in other social media accounts.