Sean Connery Bio, Age, Acting Career, Affairs, Net Worth, Awards, Height
Actor and Producer
Facts of Sean Connery
|Full Name:||Sean Connery|
|Birth Date:||August 25, 1930|
|Profession:||Scottish Actor and Producer|
|Height:||6 feet 2 inches (1.88m)|
|Net Worth||$350 million|
|Birth Place||Fountainbridge, Edinburgh|
|Education||Tollcross Primary School|
|View more / View less Facts of Sean Connery|
Sir Thomas Sean Connery aka Sean Connery (born on 25th August 1930 in Fountainbridge, Edinburgh, Scotland) is a Scottish actor and producer who portrayed the role of the famous character, James Bond. Scroll down to know more in detail about him.
Sean Connery: Bio, Age, Education
Sir Thomas Sean Connery aka Sean Connery was born on 25th August 1930 in Fountainbridge, Edinburgh, Scotland to his parents, Joseph Connery and Euphemia McLean. His father used to work as a factory worker and lorry driver whereas his mother was a cleaning woman.
He grew up with his younger brother named Neil Connery who is a retired Scottish actor. As of 2020, he is 90 years old and belongs to the birth sign Virgo. By nationality, he is Scottish and his ethnicity is white. Talking about his education, he attended the Tollcross Primary School.
Sean Connery: Professional Career
- Initially, he made his debut in 1954 and he made appearances in Hell Drivers (1957), Tarzan’s Greatest Adventure (1959), Macbeth (1961), Dr. No (1962), Thunderball (1965), You Only Live Twice (1967), etc.
- Similarly, he played in films like Diamonds Are Forever (1971), Ransom (1974), Robin and Marain (1976), Cuba (1979), Outland (1981), Wrong Is Right (1982), Never Say Never Again (1983), Highlander (1986), Family Business (1989), etc.
- Likewise, his other movies include The Russia House (1990), Medicine Man (1992), Rising Sun (1993), Just Case (1995), The Rock (1996), The Avengers (1998), Entrapment (1999), Finding Forrester (2000), Sir Billi (2012), etc.
- Furthermore, he starred in TV shows such as The Condemned (1956), Blood Money (1957), Women in Love (1958), ITV Play of the Week (1959-60), An Age of Kings (1960), etc.
- Moreover, Thomas portrayed the roles in TV Series like Anna Karenina (1961), Male of the Species (1969), Without the Grail (1960), Macbeth (1960), Adventure Story (1961), etc.
Sean Connery: Personal Life; Wife & Affairs
Regarding his love life, he was once married to actress, Diane Cilento from 1962 to 1973. They had a son named Jason Connery who is also working as an actor. Sean and Diane separated in 1971 when he dated Jill St. John, Lana Wood, Carole Mallory, and Magda Konopka.
After that, he tied the knot with Moroccan-French painter, Micheline Roquebrune and they have been together since 1975. Previously, he had affairs with Carol Sopel, Julie Hamilton, Maxine Daniels, etc.
Awards and Nominations
Speaking of his honors and achievements, he grabbed the title of:
- Academy Awards for Best Supporting Actor 1988
- Golden Globe Awards for Best Supporting Actor- Motion Picture 1988
- BAFTA Academy Fellowship Awards 1998
- AFI Life Achievement Award 2006
- London Film Critics Circle Awards for Actor of the Year 1987
- National Board of Review Award for Best Supporting Actor 1987
- Kennedy Center Honors 1999
- German Film Award for Best Actor 1987
- Kansas City Film Critics Circle Award for Best Supporting Actor 1987
Rumors and Controversy
He has never involved in rumors and controversy in his life. He has maintained a clear image so far.
Net Worth & Earnings
Sir Thomas is a Scottish actor and producer who portrayed the role of the famous character, James Bond. According to the sources, Sean Connery has an estimated net worth of $350 million as of 2020. However, the information about his salary is under review.
Physical Appearance & Social Media
Sean Connery stands at a height of 6 feet & 2 inches or 1.88 m and weighs 75 kg or 165 lbs. However, he is not in touch with social media accounts maybe he is not interested in social media stuff.