Albert Johnson aka Prodigy (2nd November 1974 – 20th June 2017) was an American rapper, author, song-writer, and entrepreneur who with Havoc, was one half of the hip hop duo Mobb Deep. Johnson was suffering and battling with sickle-cell anemia and died at the Spring Valley Medical Center in Las Vegas, Nevada on 20th June 2017.
Prodigy: Bio, Age, Education
Albert Johnson aka Prodigy was born on 2nd November 1974 in Long Island, New York, the United States to his parents Budd Johnson Jr. and Fatima Frances (Collins) Johnson. His father was a member of a doo-wop music group called The Chanters. His mother was a member of The Crystals.
As siblings, he had one elder brother named Greg Johnson. Talking about his education, he attended the High School of Art and Design in Manhattan.
The American rapper, Albert Johnson stood at the height of 5 feet & 6 inches and weighs not available. He had tattoos in his different parts of the body.
Prodigy: Professional Career
- Johnson released his debut studio album titled H.N.I.C on 14th November 2000 which included tracks like Keep It Thoro, Rock Dat Shit, and Y.B.E.
- After that, he released the collaborative album named Return of the Mac on 27th March 2007 including the songs: Mac 10 Handle, Return of the Mac, and Stuck on You.
- Later, Albert released his second studio album called H.N.I.C Pt. 2 on 22nd April 2008 including the songs: ABC, The Life, and New Yitty.
- In the same year, he released his second collaborative album named Product of the 80’s including tracks: In the Smash, Stop Stressin, and Shed Thy Blood.
- Similarly, Johnson released his third studio album titled H.N.I.C 3 on 3rd July 2012 consisting of songs such as Great Spitters, Gangsta Love, Pretty Thug, and Get Money.
- In the same year, he released his another album, The Bumpy Johnson album on 2nd October 2012.
- Likewise, Albert released his albums: Albert Einstein on 11th June 2013, and Young Rollin Stonerz on 24th November 2014.
- Furthermore, he released his last studio album entitled Hegelian Dialectic (The Book of Revelation) on 20th January 2017.
According to the sources, Prodigy had an estimated net worth of $10 million. However, the information about his salary is not available.
Prodigy: Personal Life; Girlfriend & Affairs
Regarding his love life, he was married to Kiki Johnson. She had a daughter from her past relationship named Keijzonna. The couple gave birth to their son named Shaka Johnson. Prodigy also had a daughter named Tasia Johnson. We don’t have further information about their personal life.
Prodigy: Awards and Achievements
The awards won by the band Prodigy are:
Berlin Music Video Awards:
- Best Animation for Wild Frontier – 2015
Bravo Otto Awards:
- Rap & Techno (Bronze) for The Prodigy – 1993, 1994
- Best British Dance Act – 1997, 1998
Independent Music Awards:
- Best Live Act for Themselves – 2012
International Dance Music Awards:
- Best Breaks/ DnB Track for Voodoo People – 2006
MTV Video Music Awards:
- Viewer’s Choice for Breathe – 1997
- International Viewer’s Choice Award for MTV Europe – 1997
- Best Dance Video for Smack My Bitch Up – 1998
- Breakthrough Video for Smack My Bitch Up – 1998
MTV Europe Music Awards:
- Best Dance – 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998
- 1997 Best Video for Breathe
- Best Alternative – 1997
- Best Dance Act – 1997
- Video of the Year for Smack My Bitch Up – 1998
- Best Edit for Smack My Bitch Up – 1998
- MVPA Hall of Fame for Smack My Bitch Up – 2007
Music Television Awards:
- Best Dance Act for Themselves – 1996, 1997, 1998
- 1997 Best Group for Themselves
- Best Video for Breathe – 1997
- Best Dance Act- 1996
- 1997 Best Video for Firestarter
- Best Dance Act for Themselves- 1998
- 1998 Best Dance Singles for Smack My Bitch Up
- Best Live Act- 1997
UK Music Video Awards:
- Best Live Music Coverage for Take Me to the Hospital- 2010
Prodigy: Rumors and Controversy
There is no rumor and controversy regarding his life.
Prodigy: Illness & Death
Johnson was suffering and battling with sickle-cell anemia which was the permanent physical suffering caused by his lifelong battle with the condition. On 20th June 2017, he died at the Spring Valley Medical Center in Las Vegas, Nevada while hospitalized for complications related to his sickle-cell anemia.
The complaint, which was filed on behalf of the family by The Gage Law Firm, alleges that the Spring Valley hospital breached their duty of care for Prodigy by “failing to maintain a working IV access,” and by “failing to continuously monitor oxygen level” as ordered by physicians on the hospital and those failures led to Prodigy’s death.
Facts of Prodigy
|Birth Date:||November 2, 1974|
|Death Date:||June 20, 2017|
|Profession:||American rapper, author, song-writer, and entrepreneur|
|Height:||5 feet 6 inches (1.68m)|
|Net Worth||$10 million|
|Eye Color||dark brown|
|Birth Place||New York|
|Education||High School of Art and Design|
|Father||Budd Johnson Jr.|
|Mother||Fatima Frances (Collins) Johnson|
|Kids||Shaka and Tasia Johnson|
|View more / View less Facts of Prodigy|