Melvin Manhoef Wiki, Bio, Age, Wife, Daughters, Career and Nomination
Mixed Martial Artist
Facts of Melvin Manhoef
|Full Name:||Melvin Manhoef|
|Birth Date:||May 11, 1976|
|Profession:||Surinamese- Dutch professional mixed martial artist and former kickboxer|
|Height:||5 feet 8 inches (1.73m)|
|Net Worth||$5 million|
|Kids||Djeedy Manhoef and Shane Manhoef|
|Melvin Manhoef Facebook|
|Melvin Manhoef Twitter|
|Melvin Manhoef Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Melvin Manhoef|
Melvin Manhoef (born on 11th May 1976 in Paramaribo, Suriname) is a Surinamese- Dutch professional mixed martial artist and former kickboxer. In fact, Manhoef played in Its Showtime Champion and MMA. Furthermore, he was the Cage Rage Light Heavyweight Champion.
Melvin Manhoef: Bio, Age, Education
The mixed martial artist was born on 11th May 1976 in Paramaribo, Suriname. Further, he has a younger brother named Moreno. As of 2019, he is 43 years old and belongs to the birth sign Taurus.
By nationality, she is a Dutch and his ethnicity is Surinamese. The information about his parents and education background is under review.
Melvin Manhoef: Professional Career
- Firstly, he started his fighting career at the age of 18 when he had his first fist fight and won by decision.
- In 2004, he entered the Cage Rage promotion in London and became the British Cage Rage Light Heavyweight Champion by winning the match against Fabio Piamonte.
- After that, he entered the K-1 MMA affiliate promotion Hero’s in 2006 and won his first fight at Hero’s 4 against Shungo Oyama by technical knockout in the first round.
- Furthermore, he defeated Bernard Ackah at K-1 Hero’s Middleweight Tournament Opening Round and also got a TKO win against Fabio Silva, a Chute Boxe fighter, by TKO in K-1 Hero’s Middleweight GP Final.
- At Dynamite!! 2008, Melvin fought Mark Hunt as a replacement for Jerome Le Baner on a short notice and knocked out Hunt in 18 seconds.
- Moreover, he fought former WEC middleweight champion Paulo Filho on 20th July 2009 at DREAM.
- In addition, he signed a multi-year fight contract with Strikeforce and made his debut against Robbie Lawler.
- Melvin scored a knockout victory on 6th October 2012 against Ryo Kawamura followed by a quick knockout of Dennis Kang on 31st December 2012.
- On 27th April Melvin faced Evangelista Santos for the Gringo Super Fight Welterweight title and won the bout via TKO in the first round.
Melvin Manhoef: Bellator MMA
- Melvin signed with Bellator MMA on 21st July 2014 and made his debut against Doug Marshall on 19th September 2014. He won the fight via knockout in the first round.
- After that, he made his comeback to kickboxing and faced Remy Bonjasky on 29th October 2017 and won the bout by decision.
- Later, he announced his retirement from kickboxing and stated that he would focus on his MMA career.
- Besides, Manhoef founded a kickboxing and MMA-promotion named World Fighting League.
According to the sources, he has an estimated net worth of $5 million as of 2019. Similarly, he earns about $85000 salary from his profession as per the reports.
Melvin Manhoef: Personal Life; Relationship & Affairs
Regarding his love life, we cannot find accurate information about his wife but he has two daughters named Djeedy Manhoef and Shane Manhoef. Therefore, the information about his partner is under review.
Melvin Manhoef: Awards and Achievements
Total matches 49
Total wins 32
- By Knockout 29
- By Decision 3
- Draw 1
Melvin Manhoef: Physical Appearance & Social Media
The Dutch fighter, he stands at the height of 5 feet 8 inches and weighs 84 kg. Similarly, he holds 60.8k followers on Instagram, 6681 followers on Twitter and 60k followers on Facebook. Moreover, he has tattoos in his body parts.