Marc Gasol Wiki, Bio, Age, Spouse, Career, Team, Salary, Instagram
Facts of Marc Gasol
|Full Name:||Marc Gasol|
|Birth Date:||January 29, 1985|
|Profession:||Spanish professional basketball player|
|Height:||6 feet 11 inches (2.11m)|
|Net Worth||$50 million|
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|Education||Lausanne Collegiate School|
|Siblings||Pau Gasol and Adria Gasol|
|Kids||Julia Gasol Blesa|
|Marc Gasol Facebook|
|Marc Gasol Twitter|
|Marc Gasol Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Marc Gasol|
Marc Gasol Saez aka Marc Gasol (born on 29th January 1985 in Barcelona, Spain) was a Spanish professional basketball player. Currently, he is playing for the Toronto Raptors of the National Basketball Association (NBA). In fact, he has been playing professionally and nationally since 2006.
Marc Gasol: Bio, Age, Education
Marc Gasol Saez aka Marc Gasol was born on 29th January 1985 in Barcelona, Spain to his parents, Agusti Gasol and Marisa Saez. As siblings, he has two brothers named Pau Gasol and Adria Gasol.
As of 2020, he is 35 years old and belongs to the birth sign, Aquarius. By nationality, he is Spanish and his ethnicity is Mixed. Talking about his education, he attended Lausanne Collegiate School.
The Spanish basketball player, Marc Gasol stands at the height of 6 feet 11 inches and weighs 116 kg. Likewise, Marc holds 481k followers on Instagram, 1.2 million followers on Twitter, and 488k followers on Facebook.
Marc Gasol: Professional Career
- Firstly, Gasol debuted his career by signing with Spanish League Girona in 2006 and in 2008 he won the title of the ACB Most Valuable Player.
- After that, in the 2007 NBA draft, he was selected by the Los Angeles Lakers with the 48th overall pick.
- On 1st February 2008, Marc went from Lakers to the Memphis Grizzlies and signed with them on 9th July 2008.
- Similarly, he recorded the average 11.9 points and 7.4 rebound =s as a rookie, he averaged 14.6 points and 9.3 rebounds in 2009-10 with a career-best .581 field goal percentage.
- Likewise, Gasol made the record of 15.0 points, 11.2 rebounds, 2.2 assists, and 2.15 blocks in helping lead the Grizzlies through a 13-game run in the 2011 NBA Playoffs.
- On 14th December 2011, he signed the extension 4-year contract with the Grizzlies worth $58 million.
- A left MCL sprain suffered on 22nd November against the San Antonio Spurs sidelined him for 23 games from 25th November to 12 January.
- During the 2014-15 season, Marc averaged a career-best 17.4 points to go with 7.8 rebounds and 3.8 assists for the 55-win Grizzlies.
- Once again, he resigned an extension contract of 5 years with the Grizzlies worth $110 million on 13th July 2015.
- Additionally, on 26th June 2019, he opted in with the Toronto Raptors by exercising his $25.6 million player option for the 2019-20 season.
- During his basketball career, Gasol’s team played with Oklahoma City Thunder, San Antonio Spurs, Houston Rockets, New Orleans Pelicans. Toronto Raptors, Atlanta Hawks, Cleveland Cavaliers, Los Angeles Clippers, Charlotte Holmes, New York Knicks, and Golden State Warriors.
- Moreover, Marc participated in Spain National team for the FIBA World Championship and won a gold medal (2009, 2011 FIBA), silver medal (2007 FIBA, 2008 and 2012 Olympics) and bronze medal (2013, 2017 FIBA).
- Furthermore, he won his second World Cup title at the 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup.
According to the sources, Marc Gasol had an estimated net worth of $50 million as of 2020. However, the information about his salary is unknown.
Marc Gasol: Personal Life; Girlfriend & Affairs
Regarding his love life, he married Cristina Blesa on 7th August 2013 in Girona, a city in Spain’s northeastern Catalonia region, beside the River Onya. Therefore, the couple has a daughter named Julia Gasol Blesa.
Marc Gasol: Awards and Achievements
- NBA champion 2019
- 3× NBA All-Star 2012, 2015, 2017
- All-NBA First Team 2015
- 2013 All-NBA First Team
- NBA Defensive Player of the Year 2013
- 2009 NBA Defensive Player of the Year
- Spanish League Champion 2004
- 2008 Spanish League Champion
- All-Spanish League Team 2008
- Euroscar Player of the Year 2014
Marc Gasol: Rumors and Controversy
There is no rumor and controversy regarding his life.