Kobe Bryant Wiki, Bio, Age, Wife, Awards, Helicopter Crash, Net worth
Facts of Kobe Bryant
|Full Name:||Kobe Bryant|
|Birth Date:||August 23, 1978|
|Death Date:||January 26, 2020|
|Profession:||American professional basketball player|
|Height:||6 feet 6 inches (1.98m)|
|Wife||Vanessa Laine Bryant|
|Net Worth||$500 million|
|Birth Place||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|Education||Lower Merion High School|
|Mother||Pamela Cox Bryant|
|Siblings||Sharia Bryant and Shaya Bryant|
|Kids||Natalia, Gianna ‘Gigi', Bianka, and Capri|
|Kobe Bryant Facebook|
|Kobe Bryant Twitter|
|Kobe Bryant Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Kobe Bryant|
Kobe Bean Bryant aka Kobe Bryant (23rd August 1978-26th January 2020, United States) was an American professional basketball player. He spent his entire 20 season career in the National Basketball Association (NBA) with the Los Angeles Lakers. On 26th January 2020, he died along with the nine members on a helicopter crash in Calabasas.
Kobe Bryant: Bio, Age, Education
Kobe Bean Bryant aka Kobe Bryant was born on 23rd August 1978 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the United States to his parents, Joe Bryant and Pamela Cox Bryant. His father is a former NBA player.
As siblings, he has two sisters named Sharia Bryant and Shaya Bryant. By nationality, he is an American and his ethnicity is White. Talking about his education, he attended Lower Merion High School.
The American basketball player, Kobe Bryant stood at the height of 6 feet 6 inches and weighed 96 kg. Likewise, Kobe held 16.4 million followers on Instagram, 15.3 million followers on Twitter, and 20 million followers on Facebook.
Kobe Bryant: Professional Career
- Firstly, Bryant began his career when he became drafted by Charlotte Hornets as the 13th pick in the first round of the NBA draft on 26th June 1996.
- After that, he became the youngest player in NBA history and won the title of the NBA All-Rookie second team after recording 7.6 points in 15.5 minutes per game off the bench.
- Similarly, Kobe became the runner-up for the NBA’s Sixth Man of the Year Award, and through fan voting, he became the youngest NBA All-Star starter in NBA history.
- During the 1998-99 season, he signed a six-year contract extension till 2003-2004, worth $70 million.
- Likewise, Bean won six championships with the Chicago Bulls within the time span of 1999-2002.
- In fact, he had match with the famous basketball teams like Washington Wizards, Portland Trail Blazers, Indiana Pacers, Sacramento Kings, San Antonio Spurs, Philadelphia 76ers, etc.
- In the 2002 Finals, against the New Jersey Nets, Bryant averaged 26.8 points, 51.4% shooting, 5.8 rebounds, 5.3 assists per game and made him the youngest player to win three championships.
- On 18th July 2003, he was charged with one count of sexual assault in a case involving a 19-year-old hotel worker in Colorado.
- Furthermore, Kobe broke the record of 71 by scoring a career-high 81 points in a 122-104 victory against the Toronto Raptors on 22nd January 2006.
- On 24th August 2008, Bean won a gold medal at the Beijing Olympics as a member of the U.S. men’s basketball team.
- Moreover, he signed a three-year extension contract worth $84 million to remain with the team through the 2013-14 season.
- On 12th August 2012, Bryant won his second Olympic Gold Medal as a member of the U.S. men’s Basketball team at the 2012 Games in London.
- In November 2013, he signed a two-year extension contract worth $48.5 million that ran through the 2015-16 season.
- Therefore, he announced his retirement from the NBA season on 29th November 2015.
- In February 2016, Kobe launched a Granity Studios, a multimedia original content company.
- Additionally, he won an Academy Award for the best animated short film for ‘Dear Basketball’.
According to the sources, Kobe Bryant had an estimated net worth of $500 million as of 2020. However, the information about his salary is unknown.
Kobe Bryant: Personal Life; Girlfriend & Affairs
Regarding his love life, he married a lady named Vanessa Laine Bryant on 8th April 2001. They gave birth to four children: Natalia (January 2003), Gianna ‘Gigi’ (May 2006), Bianka (December 2016), and Capri (June 2019).
Kobe Bryant: Awards and Achievements
- 5× NBA Champion (2000-2002, 2009, 2010)
- 2× NBA Finals MVP (2009, 2010)
- NBA Most Valuable Player (2008)
- 18× NBA All-Star (1998, 2000-2016)
- 4× NBA All-Star Game MVP (2002, 2007, 2009, 2011)
- 11× All-NBA First Team (2002-2004, 2006-2013)
- 2× All-NBA Second Team (2000,2001)
- 9× NBA All-Defensive First Team (2000, 2003, 2004, 2006-2011)
- 3× NBA All-Defensive Second Team (2001, 2002, 2012)
- 2× NBA scoring champion (2006, 2007)
- NBA Slam Dunk Contest champion (1997)
- 1997 NBA All-Rookie Second Team
- 8 & 24 retired by Los Angeles Lakers
- Naismith Prep Player of the Year (1996)
- First-team Parade All-American 1996
Kobe Bryant: Death
On 26th January 2020, he and his daughter, Gianna Bryant ‘Gigi’ along with other members flew in a Sikorsky S-76 helicopter owned by Bryant. Due to light rain and foggy weather, the helicopter crashed into the side of a mountain in Calabasas.
Furthermore, none of the members on the helicopter survived. The Federal Aviation Administration, National Transportation Safety Board, FBI, and the federal government’s two chief aviation regulators, have launched investigations into the crash.
Kobe Bryant: Rumors and Controversy
There is no rumor and controversy regarding his life.