Jyotiraditya Scindia Wiki, Bio, Age, Wife, Kids, Party, Education, Career
Former Member of Parliament
Facts of Jyotiraditya Scindia
|Full Name:||Jyotiraditya Scindia|
|Birth Date:||January 1, 1971|
|Wife||Priyadarshini Raje Scindia|
|Net Worth||$2 million|
|Eye Color||dark brown|
|Hair Color||dark brown|
|Birth Place||Bombay, Maharashtra|
|Siblings||Chitrangada Raje Scindia|
|Kids||Mahanaryaman Scindia and Ananya Scindia|
|Jyotiraditya Scindia Facebook|
|Jyotiraditya Scindia Twitter|
|Jyotiraditya Scindia Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Jyotiraditya Scindia|
Jyotiraditya Madhavrao Scindia aka Jyotiraditya Scindia (born on 1st January 1971 in Bombay, Maharashtra, India) is an Indian politician. Previously, he was a member of the Indian National Congress (INC) from 2001 to 2020. Currently, he has been serving with a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) since 9th March 2020.
- 1 Jyotiraditya Scindia: Early Life; Age, Family, Ethnicity
- 2 Jyotiraditya Scindia’s Political Career
- 3 Jyotiraditya Scindia, Resigns from Congress
- 4 Who is Mrs. Jyotiraditya Scindia and his Children?
- 5 Has Jyotiraditya Scindia Been in Rumors and Controversy?
- 6 How much is Jyotiraditya Scindia’s Earnings & Worth in 2020?
- 7 Social Media Fans and Followers of Jyotiraditya Scindia
Jyotiraditya Scindia: Early Life; Age, Family, Ethnicity
Jyotiraditya Madhavrao Scindia aka Jyotiraditya Scindia was born on 1st January 1971 in Bombay, Maharashtra, India. Born into a political family background his parents are Madhavrao Scindia and Madhavi Raje. His father was a politician and a member of the Indian National Congress (INC) who served as the Minister of Civil Aviation in the government of P.V. Narasimha Rao.
Similarly, his mother is a former ruler of Gwalior, a Maratha princely state. He grew up along with his sister named Chitrangada Raje Scindia. As of 2020, he is 49 years old and belongs to the birth sign, Capricorn. By nationality, he is an Indian and his ethnicity is Mixed.
Talking about his education, he attended La Plata High School in La Plata, Campion School and The Doon School in Dehradun. After that, in 1993, he graduated with a B.A. degree in Economics from Harvard University. Later, he earned an M.B.A. from the Graduate School of Business at Stanford University in 2001.
Jyotiraditya Scindia’s Political Career
- Firstly, Scindia began his political career when he joined the Indian National Congress on 18th March 2001.
- In 2002, he was elected to the Lok Sabha from Guna constituency of Madhya Pradesh.
- After that, Jyotiraditya stood for the Lok Sabha Election where he defeated Harivallabh Shukla and got elected in the Parliament in 2004.
- Similarly, he got his hands on another achievement, he became the Minister of State for Communications and Information Technology in 2007.
- Likewise, in the year 2009, Madhavrao became the Minister of State for Commerce and Industry.
- Furthermore, in the 2014 General Election, he was elected to 16th Lok Sabha against Jaibhansingh Pawaiya and became the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power.
- Moreover, Scindia is the chairman of the Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association (MPCA) and the President of the Board of Governors of Scindia School founded by his great-grandfather in 1897.
- Recently, on 9th March 2020, he resigned from the Indian Congress to join the BJP where more than 20 party MLAs have quit.
Jyotiraditya Scindia, Resigns from Congress
The Indian politician, Scindia has resigned from the Indian Congress on 9th March 2020 to join the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). Sources say, after his resignation from Congress 25 MLAs has sent resignation letters to the Madhya Pradesh Governor. Mr. Scindia had reportedly been unhappy with Congress leadership for some time.
On Holi morning, he visited Prime Minister Narendra Modi and tweeted his resignation letter to Congress chief Sonia Gandhi speaking of a ‘fresh start’ and saying: “…this is a path that has been drawing itself out over the last year.”
Congress leader and Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot said Jyotiraditya had betrayed the trust of the people and the ideology and a leader with self-indulgent political ambitions.
Who is Mrs. Jyotiraditya Scindia and his Children?
Regarding his love life, he married Priyadarshini Raje Scindia on 12th December 1994. In other words, his wife belongs to Baroda Princely State. Therefore, the couple welcomed two children: Mahanaryaman Scindia (son) and Ananya Scindia (daughter).
Has Jyotiraditya Scindia Been in Rumors and Controversy?
Scindia lodged a legal claim considering himself the sole inheritor over his late father’s property worth Rs. 20,000 crore. Moreover, he filed a legal notice against BJP leader, Nand Kumar Singh Chouhan over the accusation that the hospital was sanctified by sprinkling Gangajal just before the visit of Scindia to the hospital.
How much is Jyotiraditya Scindia’s Earnings & Worth in 2020?
Madhavrao is one of the richest ministers in the UPA government with assets nearly $5 million including investments in Indian and foreign securities worth $2 million. According to the sources, Jyotiraditya Scindia achieves an estimated net worth of over $5 million as of 2020. However, the information about his salary is under review.
Social Media Fans and Followers of Jyotiraditya Scindia
The Indian politician, Jyotiraditya Scindia holds 95.2k followers on Instagram, 2.2 million followers on Twitter and 654k followers on Facebook.