Jack Kelly Wiki, Bio, Age, Jo Smith, Daughter, Movies, NBC and Tv Show
film and television actor, a real estate businessman and politician
Facts of Jack Kelly
|Full Name:||Jack Kelly|
|Birth Date:||September 16, 1927|
|Death Date:||November 7, 1992|
|Profession:||American film and television actor, a real estate businessman and politician|
|Wife||Jo Ann Smith|
|Net Worth||under review|
|Birth Place||Astoria, Queens, New York|
|Father||John Augustus Kelly Sr|
|Siblings||Nancy Kelly, Carole and William Clement|
|View more / View less Facts of Jack Kelly|
John Augustus Kelly Jr. aka Jack Kelly (16th September 1927- 7th November 1992) is an American film and television actor, a real estate businessman and politician who served from 1983-1986 as the mayor of Huntington Beach, California. He is best known for his role of Bart Maverick in the TV series Maverick which aired on ABC from 1957-1962.
Jack Kelly: Bio, Age, Education
John Augustus Kelly Jr. aka Jack Kelly was born on 16th September 1927 in Astoria, Queens, New York, the United States to his parents Ann Mary and John Augustus Kelly Sr. His mother was a popular stage actress and his father was a theater ticket broker and real estate, businessman.
Further, he has a sister named Nancy Kelly and two brothers named Carole and William Clement. Talking about his education, there is no information about his education history. But we shall update the information as soon as we get it. He passed away on 7th November 1992 at the age of 65 in Huntington Beach, California, the United States.
Jack Kelly: Professional Career
- Firstly, John started his movie career in 1939 through the biopic The Story of Alexander Graham Bell, opposite Don Ameche and Loretta Young.
- On 15th July 1954, he played the role of gunfighter, cattleman, and bandit Clay Allison in the syndicated television series Stories of the Century, starring and narrated by Jim Davis.
- Next year from 1955-1956, he appeared in a TV series based on the 1942 feature movie Kings Row as Dr. Parris Mitchell, a young psychiatrist.
- After that, he played in Forbidden Planet (1956) and She-Devil (1957), along with guest roles on Fireside Theatre, Schlitz Playhouse of Stars, Lux Video Theatre, and Gunsmoke.
- Furthermore, in 1957, he played the role of Bret Maverick in the series Maverick along with James Garner playing 83 episodes till 1962.
- After Maverick ended in 1962, he starred in the lead role in the movie Red Nightmares.
- On 30th December 1963, Kelly played with Barbara Bain in “The Fenton Canaby Story” on ABC’s Wagon Train.
- Moreover, Jack co-starred in Commandos (1968), Young Billy Young (1969), Get Christie Love! (1974) and The Hardy Boys/ Nancy Drew Mysteries (1978).
- In addition, he also hosted the NBC daytime game show Sale of the Century.
- In 1977, he appeared as the villain for a few series and came back as Bart Maverick in 1978 in the TV-movie The New Maverick.
- After that, Jack showed up on a 1983 episode of The Fall Guy.
- In 1991, he reprised the role of Bart Maverick one last time in the Kenny Rogers vehicle, The Gambler Returns: The Luck of the Draw.
- Apart from acting movies and series, he has roles in business and politics too. He formed August II, Inc., to hold the real estate assets in June 1965 in Huntington Beach.
- Later during the 1980s and early 1990s, he served as Huntington Beach city councilman and mayor, campaigning with the slogan “Let Maverick Solve Your Problems”.
Jack Kelly: Personal Life; Relationship & Affairs
Regarding his love life, he married actress May Wynn (Donna Lee Hickey) on 14th October 1956. However, they divorced in 19th October 1964. Later he dated Karen Steele for a short time. Then, he married Jo Ann Smith on 16th October 1969 in Las Vegas.
The couple welcomed a daughter named Nicole Kelly. On 28th April 1992, he suffered a heart attack. Jack died on 7th November 1992 of a stroke at Humana Hospital in Huntington Beach, California.
Jack Kelly: Awards and Achievements
He hasn’t won any awards or nominations so far.
Jack Kelly: Rumors and Controversy
There is no rumors and controversy regarding his life.
Jack Kelly: Net Worth & Earnings
The information about his net worth and earnings is under review.