Actress and Director
Facts of Issa Rae
|Full Name:||Issa Rae|
|Birth Date:||January 12, 1985|
|Profession:||American actress, writer, director, producer, and web series creator|
|Height:||5 feet 9 inches (1.75m)|
|Net Worth||$4 Million|
|Hair Color||dark brown|
|Birth Place||Los Angeles, California|
|Father||Dr. Abdoulaye Diop|
|Issa Rae Facebook|
|Issa Rae Twitter|
|Issa Rae Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Issa Rae|
Jo-Issa Rae Diop aka Issa Rae (born on 12th January 1985 in Los Angeles, California, the United States) is an American actress, writer, director, producer, and web series creator. She has worked in several movies and TV series music which has earned her several awards which are mentioned below under the topic Awards and Achievements.
Issa Rae: Bio, Age, Education
Jo-Issa Rae Diop aka Issa Rae was born on 12th January 1985 in Los Angeles, California, the United States to her parents, Dr. Abdoulaye Diop and Delyna Diop. Her father is a pediatrician and neonatologist and her mother is a teacher. She has four siblings but the name is not mentioned.
As of 2020, she is 35 years old and belongs to the birth sign Capricorn. By nationality, she is an American and her ethnicity is Afro-American. Talking about her education, she attended King Drew Magnet High School of Medicine and Science. Later, she graduated from Stanford University with a Bachelor of Arts in African and African-American Studies.
The American actress, Issa Rae stands at the height of 5 feet & 9 inches and weighs 55 kg. Therefore, Issa holds 2.4 million followers on Instagram, 1.2 million followers on Twitter, and 70k followers on Facebook.
Issa Rae: Professional Career
- Firstly, Rae began her career with the TV series The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl in 2011-13.
- After that, she appeared in M.O. Diaries (2012), The Couple (2012), The Number (2012-13), How Men Become Dogs (2013), True Friendship Society (2013), My Roommate the (2013), etc.
- Later, Issa played in Instacurity (2013), Little Horribles (2013), Inside Web Series (2013), Black Actress (2013), Roomieloverfriends (2013-14), The Choir (2013-15), So Jaded (2014), etc.
- Similarly, she starred in Words with Girls (2014), Bleach (2014), Rubberhead (2014), First (2014-15), Get Your Life (2015), Insecure (2016-present), and BoJack Horseman (2018).
- Furthermore, Diop also worked in movies like Hard Times (2014), Black Twitter Screening (2014), Protect and Serve (2014), A Bitter Lime (2014), Killing Lazarus (2015), The Hate U Give (2018), etc.
- Moreover, she appeared in films such as Little (2019), Hair Love (2019), The Photograph (2020), and The Lovebirds (2020).
- Additionally, Rae also featured in music videos like Happy (2013) by Pharrell Williams, Moonlight (2017) by Jay-Z, and Nice for What (2018) by Drake.
According to the sources, Issa Rae has an estimated net worth of around $4 million as of 2019. However, the information about her salary is under review.
Issa Rae: Personal Life, Boyfriend & Affairs
Regarding her love life, she is engaged to her long-time boyfriend, Louis Diame, a Senegalese businessman. She first wore her engagement ring publicly on the cover of Essence magazine’s April 2019. We don’t have further information about her past affairs and relationship.
Issa Rae: Awards and Achievements
- Black Reel Awards for Television for Outstanding Actress, Comedy Series 2017, 2018, 2019
- Gracie Allen Awards for Outstanding Female Actor in a Leading Role in a Comedy or Musical 2018
- NAMIC Vision Awards for Best Performance-Comedy 2017
- Satellite Awards for Best Actress in a Series, Comedy or Musical 2019
- The Streamy Awards for Best Drama Series 2018
Issa Rae: Rumors and Controversy
She has never been into any rumors and controversy in her life.