Facts of Gary McCord
|Full Name:||Gary McCord|
|Birth Date:||May 23, 1948|
|Profession:||American professional golfer, commentator and author|
|Height:||6 feet 2 inches (1.88m)|
|Net Worth||$2 million|
|Birth Place||San Gabriel, California|
|Education||University of California|
|View more / View less Facts of Gary McCord|
Gary Dennis McCord aka Gary McCord (born on 23rd May 1948 in San Gabriel, California, the United States) is an American professional golfer, commentator, and author. Furthermore, he has won the Web.com Tour and 2× PGA Tour.
Gary McCord: Bio, Age, Education
Gary Dennis McCord aka Gary McCord was born on 23rd May 1948 in San Gabriel, California, the United States. The information about his parents and sibling is under review. As of 2019, he is 71 years old and belongs to the birth sign Gemini.
By nationality, he is an American and his ethnicity is White. Talking about his education, he attended Ramona High School in Riverside. Later, he joined the University of California, Riverside.
The American golfer and commentator, Gary McCord stands at the height of 6 feet & 2 inches and weighs 86 kg. However, we couldn’t find the details of any of his social media accounts.
Gary McCord: Professional Career
- Firstly, he started playing sports since his school and college days. He was a two-time Division II All-American for the UC Riverside Highlanders of the University of California.
- Gary also won the NCAA Division II individual championship in 1970 and turned professional in 1971.
- Furthermore, he also played in 400 PGA Tour events and his best two finishes on the PGA tour were the Greater Milwaukee Open, placing second in both 1975 and 1977.
- In 1986, McCord switched to the broadcasting field and joined CBS as a golf analyst.
- Moreover, he also plays a limited schedule on the Champions Tour.
- In 1991, he earned the Gateway Open on the Ben Hogan Tour, the second-tier golf tour in the USA now called Web.com Tour.
- In March 1999, he won his first title at the Toshiba Senior classic and also won that year’s Ingersoll-Rand Senior Tour Championship.
- Besides commentating, he has also written two books titled ‘Just a Range Ball in a Box of Titleists’ and ‘Golf for Dummies’.
- In addition, in 1996, he also played in the Kevin Costner movie Tin Cup which was based on his life.
- In fact, Gary and his co-worker Peter Kostis are partners in the Kostis/McCord Learning Center in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Additionally, he has also served as a co-announcer on the EA Sports’ Tiger Woods PGA Tour series along with David Feherty.
According to the sources, Gary McCord has an estimated net worth of $2 million as of 2019. Similarly, he earns about $662359 per year from his profession as per the report.
Gary McCord: Personal Life; Wife & Kids
Regarding his love life, he married his longtime girlfriend, Diane and the couple are blessed with a child named Krista. However, the details about his wife and daughter aren’t available.
Therefore, the former couple is living a happy married life together with their children in Paradise Valley, Arizona, and Edwards, Colorado, United States.
Gary McCord: Awards and Achievements
- 1970 NCAA Division II Championship
- 1991 Ben Hogan Gateway Open
- Korn Ferry Tour-1
- PGA Tour Champions-2
Gary McCord: Rumors and Controversy
There are no rumors and controversies regarding his life.