Ice hockey player
Facts of Dustin Byfuglien
|Full Name:||Dustin Byfuglien|
|Birth Date:||March 27, 1985|
|Profession:||American professional ice hockey player|
|Height:||6 feet 5 inches (1.96m)|
|Net Worth||under review|
|Birth Place||Minneapolis, Minnesota|
|Education||Wheaton Warrenville South High School and Roseau High School|
|Kids||Kira, Kai and Theo|
|View more / View less Facts of Dustin Byfuglien|
Dustin Byfuglien (born on 27th March 1985 in Minneapolis, Minnesota, the United States) is an American professional ice hockey player. Currently, he is serving for Winnipeg Jets of the National Hockey League (NHL) as an alternate captain. He also played for other teams including Chicago Blackhawks, Rockford IceHogs, and Atlanta Thrashers.
Dustin Byfuglien: Bio, Age, Education
Dustin Byfuglien was born on 27th March 1985 in Minneapolis, Minnesota, the United States to his parents Cheryl Byfuglien and Rick Spencer. As of 2019, he is 34 years old and belongs to the birth sign Aries.
By nationality, she is an American and his ethnicity is Afro- American. Talking about his education, he attended and completed his high school education from Wheaton Warrenville South High School and Roseau High School.
The American hockey player, Dustin Byfuglien stands at the height of 6 feet 5 inches and weighs 120 kg. Apparently, he is not active in any of his social media accounts.
Dustin Byfuglien: Professional Career
- Firstly, he started his hockey career when Chicago Blackhawks drafted him in 2003.
- After that, in 2007-08, he was moved to a right-wing position to give the team a larger body near the net.
- He spent two seasons with Blackhawks and then moved to Rockford IceHogs. Dustin became the first Rockford IceHogs player to earn the American Hockey League’s Player of the Week Award when he scored one goal and had five assists in four games.
- Byfuglien returned back to Blackhawks, he scored 1 goal against St. Louis Blues on 3rd November 2007. He recorded his first career hat-trick against the Phoenix Coyotes on November 30.
- Furthermore, he won the Stanley Cup in 2010 scoring 11 goals with five assists in the playoffs, including three goals in the Finals.
- In 2010, Blackhawks traded Dustin to the Atlanta Thrashers and appointed him as the alternate captain of the team.
- Moreover, he recorded a slap-shot at 102 mph in 2011 at the 2011 All-Star Game’s Skill Competition.
- Along with his victory, the Thrashers signed a 5-year contract with Dustin at a signing amount of $26 million.
- During 2014-15, he scored 12 goals and 35 points in 48 games. As a result, he was invited to the 2015 NHL All-Star Game as the Jets sole representative.
- On 8th February 2016, he signed a 5-year extension contract with the Jets at a signing amount of $38 million.
- Dustin also played at the World Cup of Hockey (WCH) in 2016 representing America finishing American team at the seventh place.
- In addition, he recorded his 500th NHL point in a 2-1 win over the Detroit Red Wings on 27th October 2018. He became the 14th player drafted in the 8th round or later to hit 500 points.
According to the sources, he earns about $7.6 million as salary from his profession. But the information about his net worth is under review.
Dustin Byfuglien: Personal Life; Wife & Kids
Regarding his love life, he tied the knot with Emily Byfuglien in July 2014. The couple welcomed their child Kira in 2011, Kai in 2015 and Theo in 2017. Currently, they are living happily together with their kids in Winnipeg, Canada.
Dustin Byfuglien: Awards and Achievements
- All-Star Game (2007)
- Second All-Star Game (2007)
- Stanley Cup (Chicago Blackhawks) (2010)
- NHL All-Star Game (2011, 2012, 2015, 2016)
Dustin Byfuglien: Rumors and Controversy
On 31st August 2011, Dustin was arrested on Lake Minnetonka and booked on suspicion of boating while intoxicated.