Deontay Leshun Wilder (22nd October 1985 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, the United States) is an American professional boxer who pursued his acting career in 2005. In fact, he became the first American to hold the WBC heavyweight title from 2015 to February 2020. Scroll down to know more in detail about him.
Deontay Wilder: Early Life; Age, Parents, Ethnicity
The American professional boxer, Deontay Leshun Wilder was born on 22nd October 1985 in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, the United States. He was born to his father, Gary Wilder, and mother, Deborah Wilder. As a sibling, he has a brother named Marsellos Wilder.
As of 2020, he is 35 years old and belongs to the birth sign, Libra. By nationality, he owns American citizenship and belongs to Afro-American ethnicity. Talking about his educational background, he attended Tuscaloosa Central High School and graduated in 2004. Later, he joined and graduated from Shelton State Community College.
Deontay Wilder’s Boxing Career
- Firstly, Wilder began boxing in October 2005 from Skyy Boxing Gym with training from Jay Deas.
- At the Golden Gloves, he defeated world champion, Isiah Thomas and David Thompson in the finals.
- Similarly, at the U.S. Championship, Deontay won the match against Quantis Graves with the final score of 31-15 over James Zimmerman.
- Likewise, he has fought with boxers including Abdelaaziz Toulbini, Mohamed Arjaoui, Clemente Russo, Krzysztof Zimnoch, etc.
- After that, he began his professional career on 15th November 2008 winning his debut match with Ethan Cox.
- Furthermore, Leshun won his first professional boxing title defeating Kelvin Price on 15th December 2012 at the Memorial Sports Arena in Los Angeles.
- From 3rd April 2013, he began fighting for a former European heavyweight champion.
- Moreover, he fought for WBC heavyweight champion against boxers like Stiverne, Molina, Duhaupas, Szpilka, Arreola, Washington, Stiverne II, Ortiz, Fury, Breazeale, Ortiz II, Fury II, etc.
Who is he married to? Personal Life; Past Affairs
Regarding his love life, he married Jessica Scales Wilder in 2009. The former couple gave birth to two daughters and two sons. They separated and now he became engaged to Telli Swift with whom he has a child in February 2018. Talking about past affairs, he welcomed his first daughter, Naieya with his ex-girlfriend, Helen Duncan in 2005.
Deontay Wilder: Awards and Nominations
Wilder is an American professional boxer who is working hard, devoting his time and effort to improving his acting skills. Speaking of his awards and trophies, he has won medals in Olympic Games (2008 Beijing), U.S. National Championships (2007 Colorado Springs), and Golden Gloves (2007 Chattanooga).
Has Deontay Wilder Involved in Rumors and Controversy?
There is no rumor and controversy regarding his life. In other words, he has never involved in any rumors and controversy in his life. Hence, he has maintained a clear image in the media.
How much is Deontay Wilder’s Earnings & Worth in 2020?
Leshun is an American professional boxer who earns a good amount of pay from his profession. According to the sources, Deontay Wilder achieves an estimated net worth of about $30 million as of 2020. However, the information about his salary is yet to be known.
Body Physique; Height, Weight & Social Media
The American professional boxer, Deontay Wilder stands at the height of 6 feet 7 inches or 2.01 m and weighs 83 kg or 211 lbs. Similarly, this handsome actor looks dashing with black hair and a pair of dark brown eyes. Likewise, Deontay holds 2.8 million followers on Instagram, 693.1k followers on Twitter, and 768k followers on Facebook.
Facts of Deontay Wilder
|Full Name:||Deontay Wilder|
|Birth Date:||October 22, 1985|
|Profession:||American professional boxer|
|Height:||6 feet 7 inches (2.01m)|
|Break Up||Jessica Scales Wilder|
|Net Worth||$30 million|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Birth Place||Tuscaloosa, Alabama|
|Education||Shelton State Community College|
|Deontay Wilder Facebook|
|Deontay Wilder Twitter|
|Deontay Wilder Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Deontay Wilder|