Ashleigh Barty Wiki, Bio, Age, Dating, Rumor, Achievement, and Net Worth
Professional Tennis Player
Facts of Ashleigh Barty
|Full Name:||Ashleigh Barty|
|Birth Date:||April 24, 1996|
|Profession:||Australian professional tennis player and former cricketer|
|Height:||5 feet 5 inches (1.65m)|
|Net Worth||$4 Million|
|Birth Place||Ipswich, Queensland|
|Education||Woodcrest State College|
|Siblings||Sara and Ali|
|Ashleigh Barty Twitter|
|Ashleigh Barty Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Ashleigh Barty|
Ashleigh Barty (born on 24th April 1996 in Ipswich, Queensland, Australia) is an Australian professional tennis player and former cricketer. Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) ranked her No.1 in the world in singles and second Australian WTA singles No.1 after Evonne Goolagong Cawley.
Ashleigh Barty: Bio, Age, Education
Ashleigh Barty was born on 24th April 1996 in Ipswich, Queensland, Australia to her parents Josie Barty and Robert Barty. Her father works in the government and is a Ngarigo indigenous Australian. Similarly, her mother works as a radiographer.
She has two sisters named Sara and Ali. As of 2019, she is 23 years old and belongs to the birth sign Taurus. By nationality, she is an Australian and her ethnicity is White. Talking about her education, she attended Woodcrest State College.
The Australian tennis player, Ashleigh Barty stands at the height of 5 feet & 5 inches and weighs 62 kg. Likewise, Ashleigh holds 168k followers on Instagram and 80.3k followers on Twitter.
Ashleigh Barty: Professional Career
- She began playing tennis since she was four. In 2011, she reached a career-high ranking of No. 2 in the world after winning the girl’s singles title at Wimbledon.
- Ashleigh has played with different teams including the Richmond Football Club in the Australian Football League, Manchester United in the English Premier League, and West Tigers in the National Rugby League.
- After that, she had early success in doubles on the WTA Tour in 2013, finishing runner-up at three Grand Slam doubles events with veteran Casey Dellacqua.
- Later she took a break from tennis and joined cricket signing up with the Brisbane Heat for the inaugural Women’s BighBash League.
- Again, Barty returned to tennis in early 2016 and won her first tournament back on the ITF circuit.
- Furthermore, in 2017, she won her first WTA title at the Malaysian Open and became the first female of her time to rise to No. 17 in the world.
- Moreover, Ashleigh won her first Premier Mandatory and Grand Slam tournament titles in doubles in 2018 before accomplishing the same feat in singles in 2019.
- On 3rd November 2019, she made history in beating defending Elina Svitolina at WTA Finals and won a massive money prize of $3.4 million.
- In addition, Barty finished 67 matches with 55 wins and a WTA-best 15 wins over top-10 opponents as well as a tour-leading four titles from 6 finals and trophies in 2019.
According to the sources, Ashleigh Barty has an estimated net worth of $4 million as of 2019. However, there is no information about her annual salary.
Ashleigh Barty: Personal Life; Boyfriend
Regarding her love life, Ashleigh Barty is dating Garry Kissick. Her boyfriend is an irrigation technician at Brookwater Golf and Country Club. Moreover, he is also a Queenslander and a keen golfer. They have been dating each other since 2017.
Ashleigh Barty: Awards and Achievements
- The Don Award: 2019
- Newcombe Medal: 2017, 2018
- Female Junior Athlete of the Year: 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Sportswoman of the Year: 2019
- Moment of the Year: 2019
- Female Sportsperson: 2017, 2018
- ITF Fed Cup Heart Award: 2019
- US Open: 2018
Ashleigh Barty: Rumors and Controversy
There is no rumor and controversy regarding her life.