Amy Klobuchar Wiki, Bio, Age, Husband and 2020 US Presidential Election
Lawyer and politician
Facts of Amy Klobuchar
|Full Name:||Amy Klobuchar|
|Birth Date:||May 25, 1960|
|Profession:||American lawyer and politician|
|Height:||5 feet 4 inches (1.63m)|
|Husband||John D. Bessler|
|Net Worth||$1.5 million|
|Birth Place||Plymouth, Minnesota|
|Kids||Abigail Klobuchar Bessler|
|Amy Klobuchar Facebook|
|Amy Klobuchar Twitter|
|Amy Klobuchar Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Amy Klobuchar|
Amy Jean Klobuchar aka Amy Klobuchar (born on 25th May 1960 in Plymouth, Minnesota, the United States) is an American lawyer and politician serving as the senior United States senator from Minnesota. Recently, she along with her team went on a rally across the Edmund Pettus Bridge to commemorate the 55th anniversary of Bloody Sunday.
Amy Klobuchar’s Age, Family, Ethnicity, and Education
Amy Jean Klobuchar aka Amy Klobuchar was born on 25th May 1960 in Plymouth, Minnesota, the United States to her parents, Jim Klobuchar and Rose Klobuchar. Her father is an author who retired as a sportswriter and columnist from The Star Tribune.
While her mother was a school teacher until she retired at the age of 70. As siblings, she has one younger sister, Beth Klobuchar. As of 2020, she is 59 years old and belongs to the birth sign Gemini. By nationality, she is an American and her ethnicity is White. Talking about her education, she attended Wayzata High School.
After that, she went to Yale University and earned Bachelor of Arts magna cum laude. Later, she enrolled at the University of Chicago Law School, where she served as an associate editor of the University of Chicago Law Review and earned her Juris Doctor in 1985.
Amy Klobuchar: American lawyer and politician
- Firstly, Amy used to serve as a corporate lawyer and prosecutor in a Minnesota law firm, ‘Dorsey & Whitney’ and ‘Gray Plant Mooty’.
- Secondly, she was elected Hennepin County attorney in 1998 and reelected in 2002 with no opposition.
- In the 2006 election, Klobuchar became an early favorite for the DFL nomination as a result, she won the DFL endorsement on 9th June 2006.
- Similarly, she competes with candidates including Mark Kennedy, Robert Fitzgerald, Ben Powers, Green Party and became the first woman to be elected U.S. senator from Minnesota.
- Likewise, Jean faced state representative, Kurt Bills and won a second term in the U.S. senate in 2012.
- Furthermore, she has served on several standing committees like Agriculture, Forestry, Natural Resources, Science, Technology, Justice, and so on.
- The New York Times and The New Yorker announced her as one of the women to become the first female president of the United States, and on 19th January 2020, The New York Times endorsed Amy and Elizabeth Warren for President.
- Recently, Amy has canceled campaign event when supporters face off with protestors took over the stage forcing her to cancel the rally before it even started on 1st March 2020 in Minnesota.
- Additionally, she along with her team went on a rally across the Edmund Pettus Bridge to commemorate the 55th anniversary of Bloody Sunday.
What is Amy Klobuchar’s Personal Life? Spouse & Children
Regarding her love life, she married an American attorney and a professor at the University Of Baltimore School Of Law, John D. Bessler in 1993. Therefore, the couple has welcomed a daughter, Abigail Klobuchar Bessler. Currently, she is working as a legislative director for New York councilman, Keith Powers.
What Awards & Accomplishments has she made so far?
- Attorney of the Year 2001
- Sheldon Coleman Great Outdoors Award 2012
- Friend of CACFD award 2013
- 2014 Friend of Farm Bureau Award
- American Bar Association’s Congressional Justice Award 2015
- Goodwill Policymaker Award 2016
- Arabella Babb Mansfield Award 2017
Amy Klobuchar: Rumors and Controversy
However, she has never been involved in any rumors and controversy in her life.
What is American politician, Amy’s Net Worth in 2020?
Jean is an American lawyer and politician serving the citizen of the United States. According to the sources, Amy Klobuchar has an estimated net worth of around $1.5 million as of 2020. However, the information about her salary is under review.
Let’s Know about Amy Klobuchar’s Height, Weight, and Social Media
The American Lawyer and Politician, Amy Klobuchar stands at the height of 5 feet 4 inches and weighs 63 kg. Likewise, Amy holds 223k followers on Instagram, 986.2k followers on Twitter and 411k followers on Facebook.