Lena Kathren Headey aka Lena Headey (born on 3rd October 1973 in Hamilton, Bermuda) is a British actress. She gained popularity from her role as Cersei Lannister on the HBO series, Game of Thrones. Moreover, she has won Silver Iris Award (2001), EWwy Award (2012), Portal Award (2012), Women’s Image Network Award (2014), Empire Award (2015), and Gold Derby TV Awards (2015, 2016).
Lena Headey: Bio, Age, Education
Lena Kathren Headey aka Lena Headey was born on 3rd October 1973 in Hamilton, Bermuda to her parents, Sue Headey and John Headey. Her father, a Yorkshire police officer was stationed there at the time in Bermuda Police Service.
As siblings, she has a younger brother named Tim Headey. As of 2019, she is 46 years old and belongs to the birth sign Libra. By nationality, she is a British and belongs to white ethnicity. Talking about her education, she attended Shelley College.
The British actress, Lena Headey stands at the height of 5 feet & 5 inches and weighs 54 kg. Therefore, Lena holds 3.58 million followers on Instagram, 1.26 million followers on Twitter and 176k followers on Facebook.
Lena Headey: Professional Career
- Firstly, Headey started her career with the drama titled Waterland in a supporting role in 1992.
- Then she began her professional career with the movie named The Remains of the Day in 1993.
- A year later, Lena appeared in another film, The Jungle Book as Kitty Brydon in 1994.
- After a long gap, she returned to the film industry with the movies Mrs Dalloway and Face in 1997 and also appeared in drama, Onegin in 1999.
- During 2000, 2001 and 2002, Headey played in a series of movies such as Aberdeen (2000), The Parole Officer (2001), and Ripley’s Game (2002).
- Furthermore, she starred in The Brothers Grimm, Imagine Me & You, and The Cave in 2005.
- Moreover, Lena played the role of Sarah Connor in Fox’s Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Zipper, The Broken, Pride and Prejudice, Zombies, Pete Smalls Is Dead, Thumper, etc.
- In 2011, she landed on the role of Cersei Lannister on the HBO series, Game of Thrones which earned her several awards nominations including Primetime Emmy Award and a Golden Globe.
- Additionally, some of her commercially successful films include Dredd (2012), The Purge (2013), 300: Rise of an Empire (2014), and Fighting with My Family (2019).
According to the sources, Lena Headey has an estimated net worth of around $9 million as of 2019. However, the information about her salary is still unknown.
Lena Headey: Personal Life, Boyfriend & Affairs
Regarding her love life, she once married to musician Peter Loughran in 2007. The couple welcomed a son named Wylie Loughran. Unfortunately, the couple separated in 2011 and got divorced in December 2013.
After that, she dated Game of Thrones co-star, Jerome Flynn but their relationship ended in March 2014. Later, Headey engaged with her childhood friend and director Dan Cadan in July 2017. The couple wedded in 2018. They gave birth to a daughter named Teddy.
Lena Headey: Awards and Achievements
- Silver Iris Award for Best Actress (2001)
- EWwy Award for Best Supporting Actress, Drama (2012)
- Portal Award for Best Actress on Television (2012)
- Women’s Image Network Award for Actress Drama Series (2014)
- Empire Award for Empire Hero Award (2015)
- Gold Derby TV Awards for Best Drama Supporting Actress (2015)
- 2016 Gold Derby TV Awards for Best Drama Supporting Actress
Lena Headey: Rumors and Controversy
There is no rumor and controversy regarding her life.
Facts of Lena Headey
|Full Name:||Lena Headey|
|Birth Date:||October 3, 1973|
|Height:||5 feet 5 inches (1.65m)|
|Net Worth||$9 million|
|Eye Color||dark brown|
|Hair Color||dark brown|
|Birth Place||Hamilton, Bermuda|
|Kids||Wylie Loughran and Teddy|
|Lena Headey Facebook|
|Lena Headey Twitter|
|Lena Headey Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Lena Headey|