Kelly Slater bio, age, height, weight, net worth, salary, nationality
Facts of Kelly Slater
|Full Name:||Kelly Slater|
|Birth Date:||February 11, 1972|
|Profession:||Professional surfer, musician, voice actor, and a film producer|
|Height:||5 feet 8 inches (1.73m)|
|Net Worth||$ 22 million|
|Birth Place||Cocoa Beach, Florida, US|
|Education||Masters degree in Criminal Law, Sydney University|
|Siblings||Sean, Stephen and|
|Kelly Slater Facebook|
|Kelly Slater Twitter|
|View more / View less Facts of Kelly Slater|
One of the greatest surfers of all time and professional surfer Kelly Slater has a net worth of $22 million. He is among the wealthiest surfers for the year 2021.
He was born on February 11th, 1972, in Cocoa Beach, Florida, and is a native American with the horoscope sign of Aquarius. Because he was raised close to water, he learned how to surf at the young age of 5, thanks to his upbringing.
The surfer has won numerous national and international titles from age 10. The Michael Jordan of Surfing Slats is the moniker he gave as a professional surfer today. He is a surfer and a musician, producer, actor, and voice actor for movies.
Kelly Slater’s wealth and earnings
Slater has a $22 million net worth. His acting and surfing careers generate the lion’s share of his income. He also makes money from his own business and endorsements. It is reported that he makes between $3 million and $4 million from his profession.
He also makes some money doing voiceover work and acting. The surf’s up. He starred in a movie that brought in $149 million. In addition to all of this, he has made money as The Chia Co.’s brand ambassador. In addition, he co-created the business “Outerknown” and founded the beverage brand “Purps.”
Kelly Slater: House, Cars, and Boards
Slater spent $7.8 million buying a beach mansion in Hawaii back in the year 2017. There are seven bedrooms and seven and a half bathrooms in the house. It has a multi-cultural design. The Buddha’s statue is located in a pond at Slater’s residence.
Melani Bethany Hamilton: Do you know her? She is an incredibly popular surfer. Here are some of her quotes.
In addition to the main structure, there are two guest houses, all of which have access to the lawn, pool, and private garden.
The master bedroom’s separate terrace offers a breathtaking view of the ocean.
He has a sizable collection of automobiles. As a personal car, Land Rover is his top choice.
Surfboards come next. Kelly uses surfboards he created, referred to as Slater Designs, in contrast to other surfers. He frequently rides the 5’10 Banana model with brand-new stickers. Greg Webber, a board designer, is the creator of this.
At Orlando’s 2016 Surf Expo, the surfer debuted his new company.
There are now three boards that Slater has created:
- The Sci – Phi : This board has dimensions of 5’10”x 18 3/8”x 2 1/4” . It was designed by Daniel Thomson.
- The Owni: This particular surfboard was designed by Daniel Thomson again. The dimensions are 5’3”x 18 3/4”x 2 5/16” (24.8 liters)
- The Banana: The last one is The Banana, designed by Greg Webber. The dimension are 5’10”x 18 3/8”x 2 1/4” (25.8 liters)
Kelly Slater: Vacations and Lifestyle
Slater firmly believes that leading a better and healthier lifestyle starts with good nutrition, rest, and less stress.
He has grown to be extremely concerned about his health and lifespan after losing his father to cancer and other friends to a variety of illnesses. He exercises constantly and frequently visits the physiotherapist for checkups because of this.
Likewise, professional surfer Lakey Peterson. She reportedly started surfing when she was five years old. To learn more about him, continue reading further.
He has traveled to numerous surfing locations for events and vacations because he is a professional surfer.
His preferred vacation spots include Tavarua, Fiji, Hossegor, France, and others. Most recently, in September of 2020, he had been on holiday in Bali, where, as a result of the global pandemic, he had been spotted riding the waves on a mostly deserted beach.
Charity Works by Kelly Slater
The Surfer spends his money in many businesses as well as gives his riches to numerous non-profit organizations.
Slater has backed numerous charities alongside stars like Justin Timberlake, Jack Johnson, and many others. A few of these are:
- Hillsides is a group in Southern California that offers a secure atmosphere and defends children’s rights.
- An organization that works to raise social and environmental awareness is the Kelly Slater Foundation.
- Young kids with spinal cord injuries can receive aid from the Life Rolls On Foundation.
- An international organization that works to preserve and protect threatened and endangered wildlife and flora, Wildlife Warriors Worldwide is based in Australia.
Kelly Slater: Investing in, Endorsing, and Publishing Books
The American surfer is both an actor and a film producer. He has produced numerous films, including Jack Johnson: The September Series and The Ultimate Wave Tahiti (documentary) (Documentary).
His contributions to the film industry as an actor include roles in movies like Thicker Than Water, Cloud 9, View from a Blue Moon, Momentum Generation, etc. He also appeared in a few Baywatch TV episodes.
Kelly Slater has made two sizable investments in the companies Hyperice and Vessel. Additionally, he is working with an Australian investment company to create the world’s first wave pool with a continuous world-class wave.
Slater has endorsement agreements with organizations like Quicksilver wetsuits and Channel Islands Surfboards.
Additionally, he has agreements with premium watch companies, the WSL’s official beverage, etc. The public is unaware of how much money he makes from these endorsements.
Kelly Slater: For the Love and Pipe Dreams: A Surfer’s Journey are two books he has authored. These books chronicle his extraordinary and motivational surfing career.
Kelly Slater: Career
In his late teens, Slater started competing in surfing. He also took home major league victories in the Australian Open and Quicksilver Pro.
He is the World Surf League champion and the youngest surfer ever to do so. His abilities as a professional surfer are still unmatched today.
He has won numerous honors throughout his surfing career, including the title of “The World Championship Holder” from 1994 to 1998 and a total of 55 world surf league competition victories.
He has been in a number of films and TV shows in addition to his surfing career.
Kelly Slater is a legend in the sport of surfing. Because of his remarkable surfing abilities, he has been dubbed the best surfer ever. He actually holds 11 world championship titles, including 5 straight victories. He is also the most wealthy surfer in history.
Here are a few of his current accomplishments.
- 1st place winner of Nike Pro US Open ( 2011 )
- Winner at Hurley Pro ( 2011 )
- 1st place at Volcom Fiji Pro ( 2013 )
- Winner of Association of Surfing Professionals (‘ASP’) World Tour.’
- Winner of ‘Rip Curl Pro Landes’ and the ‘Marui Pipe Masters.’
- First place at competitions like ‘Quiksilver Pro,’ Indonesia, ‘Chiemsee Pipe Masters’ and ‘Triple Crown of Surfing.’
- Winner of tournaments of ‘Snickers Australian Open,’ ‘Energy Australia Open,’ ‘Boost Mobile Pro,’ and ‘Quiksilver Pro.’
- Slater has been a champion of the World Surf League ( 11 times ).
- An awardee of Laureus World Sports Award for Action Sportsperson of the Year ( 200, 2009, 2011, and 2012 )
- Youngest and Oldest champion surfer in the world
- Total of 55 competition victories
- Quiksilver in Memory of Eddie Aikau (Specialty-Hawaii in 2002)
3 things to know about Kelly Slater
- Slater performs on the guitar and ukulele. Rob Machado and Peter King were members of the band he was in. The Surfers was the name of the group.
- “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory” is his favorite film.
- He has appeared in a PS2 and Xbox video games. The title of the game was Kelly Slater’s Pro Surfer. This game was regarded as one of the greatest ones for surfing.
The Surfer is also quite active on social media sites like Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
He mainly engages with his followers on social channels by updating them on his newest competitions, charitable foundations, and upcoming series and documentaries.
Twitter: 902.1 k followers
Facebook: 1.9 million followers
Instagram: 2.7 million followers
Quotes by Kelly Slater
- Every day, depending on the surf, I alter my timetable.
- Big waves present entirely new challenges. You are riding a wave that typically extends over 10 meters and has tremendous speed and force. Of course, thoughts of life and death begin to occur on the wave’s face.
- You age very quickly if your mind is not engaged and enthused about things. I believe that is the beginning of aging and the degeneration of the body. At that time, I believe life is over.
- A surfer sees no end to it. You can always find a wave to surf.
- It feels to me somewhat like time is slowing down. You develop hyperawareness of many other aspects, such as timing, positioning yourself in the appropriate section of the barrel, and the way the wave is breaking. To get it exactly right, you must use all of your mental resources.
- Twenty or ten years ago, I went on tour with friends who are now family men with their own families. They remark, I can’t believe you’re still doing it and looking for waves every day.
Which wave is Kelly Slater’s largest?
The most recent big wave for Kelly Slater occurred in Nazare, Portugal, in May 2021. Well, this wave was 22.4 meters long.
Kelly Slater owns Surf Ranch, right?
Yes, the $30 million Surf Ranch development in Lemoore was built by and is owned by Kelly Slater. In this particular theme, a 2,000-foot pool has waves that are 7 feet tall.