Joseph Leynard Smith aka Joy Smith (born on 26th July 1975 in Norfolk, Virginia, the United States) is an American former professional basketball player who played at power forward position for 12 teams of the NBA during his 16-year career.
Joe Smith: Bio, Age, Education
Joseph Leynard Smith aka Joy Smith was born on 26th July 1975 in Norfolk, Virginia, the United States to his mother Lucy Mack Smith. As of 2019, he is 44 years old and belongs to the birth sign Leo.
By nationality, she is an American and her ethnicity is Black. Talking about his education, he attended and completed his high school education from Maury Fontaine High School in Norfolk, Virginia. Later, he graduated from the University of Maryland.
The American basketball player, Joe Smith stands at the height of 6 feet & 10 inches and weighs 102 kg. Talking about his looks, he has black hair with a pair of black eyes. Joe Smith holds 3818 followers on Instagram.
Joe Smith: Professional Career
- Smith started playing basketball when he was studying at the University of Maryland and he was the College Player of the Year in 1995.
- This achievement led him to the drafting by the Golden State Warriors as the No.1 player pick of the season and also won the title of the All-Rookie First Team in 1995-1996.
- Furthermore, he is also one of the most transferred NBA players ever. Firstly, he transferred to Minnesota Timberwolves in 1998 and played there for two years.
- Secondly, he transferred to Detroit Pistons in 2000 and again returned back to Minnesota Timberwolves till 2003.
- He had also played for Milwaukee Bucks for three seasons and then transferred to Denver Nuggets where he played a total of 11 games before he got transferred to Philadelphia 76ers.
- Moreover, in 2007, he signed a contract with Chicago Bulls for a year and after that, he went to Cleveland Cavaliers.
- On 17th February 2009, he was transferred to Oklahoma City Thunder but on 18th February the trade got canceled.
- After the cancelation, he returned to Cleveland Cavaliers and played there until 24th August 2009.
- Similarly, he signed a one-year contract with Atlanta Hawks. Again on 10th December 2010, he was transferred to New Jersey Nets.
- Likewise, he got transferred to Los Angeles Lakers on 15th December 2010 where he played till 2011.
- Finally, he officially retired from his professional basketball career of NBA in 2011, playing for 16 years for 12 different teams with career averages of 10.9 points and 6.4 rebounds a game.
- Besides basketball, he has sung in solo Rap album, Joe Beast. It includes the title track “Murda Kapital” and “I Does This”.
Joe Smith: Personal Life; Relationship & Affairs
Regarding his love life, Smith married his longtime girlfriend named Yolanda Smith. The couple have three children together. However, they separated in 2015, because Yolanda caught him cheating on her with a woman named Deanna Marie. Therefore, Joe Smith is currently single.
Joe Smith: Awards and Achievements
- All-Rookie First Team (1995-1996)
- Naismith Award Adolph Rupp Award
- Hampton Roads Sports Hall of Fame (2018)
Joe Smith: Rumors and Controversy
There is no rumors and controversy regarding his life.
Joe Smith: Net Worth & Earnings
According to the sources, Joe Smith has an estimated net worth of $25 million as of 2019. There is no information about his annual salary, assets, and property.
Facts of Joy Smith
|Full Name:||Joy Smith|
|Birth Date:||July 26, 1975|
|Profession:||American former professional basketball player|
|Height:||6 feet 10 inches (2.08m)|
|Net Worth||$25 million|
|Birth Place||Norfolk, Virginia|
|Education||University of Maryland|
|Mother||Lucy Mack Smith|
|Joy Smith Twitter|
|Joy Smith Instagram|
|View more / View less Facts of Joy Smith|